Too High Blood Sugar Level: Causes & Symptoms
Too High Blood Sugar Level: Causes & Symptoms:
Blood in the human body normally contains sugar as glucose. The perfect measure of glucose gives vitality to the body’s cells and organs. To keep glucose levels maintained, the body needs insulin. Insulin is a hormone that takes glucose and conveys it to the body’s cells. For people suffering from type 1 diabetes, the immune system attacks the cells in the pancreas that produce insulin. The people who are suffering from type 2 diabetes, the body produces insulin however it can’t utilize it appropriately.
When we are suffering from any disease, the body tries to let us know by showing some symptoms. We should never ever ignore any symptom that seems strange and abnormal. When we experience blur-vision, late healing of the wound, constant thirst and hunger altogether then our body might want to tell us that the blood sugar level is not normal and it can be high and we should seriously head to the doctor to clear the doubts because it may be the sign of diabetes.
Causes for Too High Blood Sugar Level
In the young generation, the main cause of high blood sugar levels is Stress. When we are stressed out our body produce hormones, to combat stress, which can cause high blood sugar level. There are many other reasons for high blood sugar levels and these are:
- Less physical activity
- Intake of more carbohydrates than usual
- Certain medications, injuries, surgery
- Imbalance diet
- Intake of too many energy drinks
- Not enough insulin is produced by the body
When the body’s blood sugar level is too high it creates a problem for the body. The target body organs that it affects are the kidney and eye retina. High blood sugar levels end up causing heart stroke and kidney damage. Skin nerves also get affected when the blood sugar level is too high. If you are facing some issues that match with the symptoms of high blood sugar levels, it’s better to check your sugar level and take proper medication to prevent permanent damage to body organs.
Here are Too High Blood Sugar Level: Causes & Symptoms-
- Always feel hungry: If the blood sugar level is high or imbalanced, you always feel craving for food because your body is in need of an alternative energy source due to an improper sugar supply that provides energy.
- Constant Thirst: If you are feeling thirsty all the time, there are chances; your blood sugar level is high because sugar in the kidney and urine increased thirst.
- Frequent Urination: High sugar in the kidney and urine attract even more water which leads to frequent urination.
- Burning, numbness and tingling: If you feel constant burning, numbness and tingling in your hands, legs and feet, it is a sign of diabetes.
- Weight Fluctuation: If the body’s blood sugar level is high, you can see an unexplained weight gain or loss. It’s better to keep an eye on your body weight and if it fluctuates, it may be a signal that your blood sugar level is high.
- Slow healing of wound: If you feel that any wound or cut takes more time to heal than normal, your blood sugar level is high. High sugar can damage nerves which end up slowing the healing of the wound.
- Blurred Vision: high blood sugar can damage vision. So if you feel a sudden vision problem, you should check your sugar level.
- Fatigue: High Blood Sugar level, can cause fatigue.
- Difficulty in concentration: If your body’s blood sugar is high or imbalanced, it affects the memory and mind which cause difficulty in concentration.
If you are also noticing these symptoms in your body, there are chances, your blood sugar level is high and you should take proper treatment for the same otherwise it can end up with heart stroke, kidney damage, vision loss, etc. Take care of your health and share this information as much as you can.
So these are some Too High Blood Sugar Level: Causes & Symptoms for you guys.
for more interesting articles please do follow memesahab